Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

What is the difference between UTI and Yeast infection ?

I think I have a UTI or yeast infection, what is the difference and are there OTC tests and medicines that I can use for this? It goes away and then comes right back.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Yeast infection symptoms are itching,curdy white vaginal discharge.UTI symtptoms will be frequent urination,burning micturation,etc.Both sometimes can co exist.There are no OTC tests but you will need a urine test and pelvic examination.See a doctor to find out what you have.Treatment is antibiotics.
Answered: Sun, 6 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor