What is the difference between 100mg and 150mg of Fluconazole?

what is the difference between 100mg and 150mg of fluconazole? the first time he got 100mg and second timan or do youe he got 150mg. He has stage 4 cancer and on first chemo treatment his mouth was a mess. so this chemo treatment he has 150mg. the 100mg help out alot.
Tue, 26 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The difference between 100 mg and 150 mg of Fluconazole involves the quantity of the medication (100 lower than 150 mg). No other difference is known. Usually chemo is associated with candida overgrowth explaining her mouth getting a mess. Fluconazole is a systemic antifungal that will help clear it out. If doctor put on 150 mg, he might have judged that the patient might need a higher dosage of antifungal to face the candida overgrowth.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.