What is the diet to lower cholesterol ?

My husband was just told his cholesterol is over 400! What are the best foods to eat to lower it ?
Sun, 18 Jul 2010
's  Response
Oatmeal and garlic.

What foods lower cholesterol ?

What do I eat to lower my cholesterol ?

What kind of food can I eat to lower my cholesterol ?

Recent questions on  Hypercholesterolemia

I am 43, 5'5", 180 and have high blood pressure, high cholesterol ( which is all under control now). I have celiac sprue diease, lymphaedema in both legs and constanstally have problems with rapid heart beats even in the resting stage. I have quite abit of chest pains and do not know what is going on. Any advice on what I should do?

i have dark nuckles, toes, knees and elbows. having done a bit of research i think its acanthosis. however having looked at the causes of acanthosis i.e obesity, high cholesterol, etc - i dont have any of them. i ve always had darkness around my nuckles, toes, etc. I would like to know if there is a cosmetic procedure which would fix it. Thank you i dont have any medical problems, i m 22.

two months ago I did two hydrocolonics in one week. after each colonic there was gel like substances with red squiggly lines coming out and minimal blood on the toilet paper. Ever since that I have been having a problem with food feeling like it gets stuck in the middle of my chest, burping a lot and a pain in my left back shoulder blade that radiates down my arm and up to my ear. It seems like when I eat fruits and vegetables I am fine with things not getting stuck in the middle of my chest but, protein and fats may be what causes the problem. My last cbc blood work showed my WBC count is 3.8 normal range between {4.0-12.0} K/UL my NEUTROPHIL count is 36.0 normal range between {41.0-71.0} % and my LYMOPHOCYTE count is 46.9 normal rainge is {24.0-44.0}%. I have been having these types of numbers for over nine years and my doctor doesn think anything about it. after researching on line I am questioning whether I could have the hpylori infection and a peptic ulcer. I ate some fruit about a year ago that my husband brought home from a market and got a pain so bad on my right lower abdomen that I could barely walk. I went and did a hydrocolonic and was able to get through it. I also have low vitamin d- 32 reference range: 30-100 unit ng/ml I also have high cholesterol 221 {140-200)mg/dl triglycerides 33 {30-150}mg/dl HDL 87{35-65}mg/dl chol/hdl ratio 2.54 {2.00-4.50}ratio VLDL 7 {6-30} mg/dl LDL 127 {70-130}mg/dl I am 46 years old and weigh 118lbs I am 5 2 . I jog and go to the gym at least 4 times a week.. I eat very healthy.. tons of fruits and vegetables and fish and chicken.. not much sugar or breads or pastries... on weekends we do drink beer and eat somewhat off but still not too bad... I am into natural remedies. Do you have any ideas what could be going on?

My father-in-law has taken for several years Welchol Tab 625mg - 3, 2x per day to reduce high cholesterol. His new doctor just prescribed a new drug, Lovastatin Tab 20 mg 1 x per day and discontinue Welchol. The doctor said his cholesterol was too high. My question, is this a good move? Statin drugs scare me... and I was not at the appointment when this change was made. He can t hear well and gets confused easily so didn t even realize he was changing meds. My father in law in 87 years old. Any comments?

I have severe headaches on almost a daily basis. An MRI revealed findings: chronic vessel ischemic changes; mild global volume loss and paranasal sinuses and mastoid air cells appear pneumatized. Question: Does first two items indicate future...

my husband who is 45 recently began having difficulty keeping an erection. He said the feeling is there but he can't and it is very frustrating to him. I have noticed that the odor in his semen has changed. It leaves a fishy odor.

My wife is taking xeralto, and has hypertension leyden 5 deficiency, hypercholesterolemia ,high triglycerides, Previous bilat PE, following dvt. Any benefit or contraindication to fish oil tabs? YYYY@YYYY