• question-icon

What is the cure for the recurring swabs and skin boils?

Hi, I am a 28 year old male community services worker who comes in contact with people of poor health with many types of skin infections and long hospital stays. Over the last 3 months I have had recurring boils and skin swabs have come back positive for heavy growth of enterobacter asburiae. Doctors have ruled out MRSA as all results have been clear of any staph. I have taken 7 different oral antibiotics and had a series of injections plus have washed infected areas with chlorohexadine but boils are still occurring and swabs still coming back positive for heavy growth of gram negative enterobacter asburiae. Am I contagious to others and what are treatment options?
Wed, 30 Oct 2019

You seem to have poor immunity. You should get investigated thoroughly to detect any disease,problem or deficiencies of vitamis and minerals. Consult the Dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment. Improve hygiene and immunity by diet, exercise,yoga...etc. Take course of antibiotics for two weeks. Take supplements of vitamins and minerals. Apply antibiotic cream on the lesions and in nose. Regular follow up is must for few years.

Hope this helps.

Dr.Ilyas Patel, Dermatologist