Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

What is the cure for dry persistent cough, itchy throat ?

i am having a dry cough and itchy throat from last 4 weeks. i had consulted a doctor and took medication. there was some relief but now again the same problem. cough is very irritating, breathing is difficult results in vomiting if occurs after taking food. my age is 22, male , 5 7, 60kg i had never had such dry cough before, but wet cough and cold is commonly happens to me. but cough syrups are relieving but now. no cough syrups are working.
Sun, 17 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum,
You need to consult a good ENT specialist to get the throat examined. This can be post viral infection cough which can be really irritating, as well distressing. It can be secondary to post nasal drip or pharyngitis. Till you consult your doctor please drink plenty of warm water, avoid chilled items.

Good Luck
Dr. Naveen Kumar
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor