What is the cause of the increasing prevalence of diabetes ?

What is the cause of the increasing prevalence of diabetes?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Hi... The main cause for increase prevalence of diabetes is life style changes.. Sedentary daily activity, increase stress, improper dietary habbits, obesity are few of them to name.  Adding on to these is the better diagnostic methods now.. Earlier very few people used to get their blood sugars checked and hence the chances of diagnosing diabetes was low, but now thanks to the modern day education the number of people who are getting evaluated for diabetes has increased and hence the rate of diagnosis has also increased... Is this good or bad???