What is the cause of skin rashes with itchiness when on cyclobenzaprine?

Hi, For the past 4 weeks I developed some sort of skin rash on my face and neck that is always dry and itchy. I was given medication by a dentist that prescribed mylan-cyclobenzaprine 10mg and Vimovo 500/20 mg. I feel like this could be the reason why i have this annoying rash . I thought it could be eczema but i never have skin problems. And it started after I took these pills. Are skin Rashes side affects of these medications ?
Wed, 19 Mar 2014

I can understand your concern for skin rashes with itchiness. There can be multiple possibilities of the red rashes and it requires a close physical examination to diagnose the exact entity of the problem.

In my view correlating with the facts you have provided it appears to be either insect bite hypersensitivity or allergic dermatitis or simple hives of the area due to multiple causes.

I suggest you to meet a dermatologist to for proper therapy. In between you should avoid contact of dust to the area properly. If I were your dermatologist then presumptively would have preferred to apply fluticasone with mupirocin cream. You can take an antihistamine such as loratadine for twice a day if itching is present.

Do not try to pinch, pop or squeeze the area as it may cause secondary infection of the area.

All the best