What is the cause of restless leg syndrome and pain?

I have been having aching in my lower legs at night alot when I go to bed and ibuprofen doesn't seem to help. It is keeping me from being able to go to sleep. I saw my neurologist this week that I see for my migraines and he said it is not restless leg syndrome and recommended I take iron tablets and vitamin C and massage my legs and see if that helps. my iron is usually fine when I get lab work done which was a couple of months ago. Do you know what causes this symptom?
Mon, 3 Feb 2014
Fromhistory it seems that you might be having neuritic pain mainly due to peripheral neuritis.
There might be some low calcium, vitamin a and D as well.
Take calcium, vitamin A and D supplements.
Do regular slow walking exercise daily.
Ok and take care.