• question-icon

What is the cause of redness and burning sensation in foot after wearing a certain shoe?

I woke up and got dressed and put my shoes on. I noticed it was hurting every time I stepped on my right foot.. I've been busy all day but just took a look at it and it has a red streak..appears to we under the skin and most feels like it's burning??
Wed, 11 Dec 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM,

I read your query and understood your concern. It doesnt sound like something to worry a lot about. Its probably just a pressure injury with inflammation. Put some topical antibiotics like fusidic acid / mupirocin and a band-aid to prevent from further injury due to shoe.

Apply ice and take oral paracetamol or ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation.

Hope I helped.