Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What is the cause of pain in the body on coughing post a fall ?

I fell down the stairs on friday and went to hospital where they checked and x-rayed my spine. However, they didn t check my body completely and I have severe pain(eg. when I cough it hurts) in my right chest and also the tip of the bone around my bottom(right side) kills me if I rub it. Should I see my GP tomorrow for another check up. Also I hit my head and have a lump and I still don t feel myself. Appetite fine and I have been mobile. I shall go to work tomorrow and should I mention this to the human resources department incase I am unable to complete a full day s work?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Khalil,

I am sorry that you had this injury.

My suggestion would be to take very good analgesics with muscle relaxants like Hifenac MR for a few days.

You need bed rest for 2 days. Please do not go to work, if possible tomorrow. Otherwise, please inform your HR department regarding the same.

The pain in your chest may be due to impact on the ribs which causes acute severe pain, the pain in your bottom may be because of the impact of fall on your sacrum.

Hot fomentation to the affected areas is beneficial.

Get well soon and regards,
Answered: Wed, 28 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor