What is the cause of numbness in thigh ?

Hi, I m a 19 year old female and ive been to see my doctor and ive been referred to a neurologist for my problem, however there s a long waiting list for appointments so I cant be seen for at least 4 months so I was wondering if any doctors here might have a clue about what s going on. Well, my right thigh has been numb for almost a year and a half now, and when I went to go see my doctor he tested my thigh to see if I had any sensation. It was unresponsive to heat , cold , vibrations, pressure , and pain. The numbness presented at first as an electric rippling up my thigh that happened only on a few occasions. Over a period of about 3 months though the tingling sensation occurred more frequently to the point where the sensation happened about 3 times a day. Towards the end of the 3 months he tingling turned to numbness and now its constant. All day everyday. If I have pressure on my skin for a couple of minutes its painful
Thu, 5 Apr 2012
HELLO & WELCOME TO HCM FORUM'

YOU ARE MOST LIKELY SUFFERRING FROM L2-3 RADICULOPLATHY (ALTHOUGH YOU HAVE NOT DEFINED WHETHER SENSATION WERE ON ANTERIOR/POSTEROIR ASPECT)

YOU HAVE NOT MENTIONED YOUR SYMPTOMS IN DETAIL AND WITHOUT EXAMINING ITS VERY DIFFICULT TO COMMENT ANYTHING.

RADICULOPATHY AS YOU HAD TINGLING SENSATION & PAIN AND NOW YOU ARE FEELING NUMBNESS

YOU HAVE MOST LIKELY COMPRESSEION ON THE POSTERIOR ASCPECT OF SPINAL CORD.

YOU SHOULD GO FOR X-RAY LUMBOSACRAL SPINE AND CT/MRI SCAN

MEAN WHILE MEDICINES SUCH AS ANTIOXIDANTS, GABAPENTIN + METHYLCOBALAMIN, EPLERASTAT SHOULD BE TAKEN TO PREVENT FURTHER DAMAGE

TAKE CARE & GET WELL SOON

DR.MAYANK BHARGAVA