Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

What is the cause of intense pain in the abdomen ?

AtrI went to er and surg doc . I have pain above private part about 3 inches above. Hurts bad at times. Can t work or move around like I usually do. Need to know what it is
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Patrick
Thanks for writing in.
Your pain can be due to a muscle spasm or an infection or a renal stone. If you have other symptoms like increased frequency of urination, getting up to urinate at night, discharge from the penis or any ulcer/swelling, then I suggest you see your physician. I wouldd suggest that an ultrasound of the kidney ureter bladder region be done to localize the cause.
If the above is not true, then a spasm in the muscle could be the cause. You can use hot fomentation and tablet Diclofenac 50 mg as and when required (upto 3 tablets a day).
Hope this helps.
Answered: Mon, 19 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor