What is the cause of head concussion, after he got the head injury ?

My dad hit the back of his head yesterday. He doesn t remember what happened. I assumed he fell, his the back of his head on a gate then passed out because he lost a good a lot of blood on the floor. I cleaned his wound and head it cover and wrap it. But Neosporin and hydrogen peroxide are all I have assess to. I m really worry about him, because he seems to have a head concussion, and can t remember how he got hurt. I tried to tell him to go the ER but he has no insurance and just refused to go. What can I do? Can I at least take him to family doctor to check him out? Any doctor I can take him to?
Fri, 13 May 2011