Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

What is the cause of head ache at the time of sleeping for my nephew who got hit by a bat and has a small clot on his head ? He is 12 years old

my nephew has hit his head while bathing he has been hit mainly above right ear . At that time he got some little blood from nose and he vomitted 2-3 times, then he was complaining about headache and was also feeling sleepy. he has been taken to hospital and admitted there from last 48 hrs . he is fine now but he complains of headache at the time of sleeping . CT scan report says a small clot as said by doctors. doctors say that this clot can be removed by medicines. my nephew is 12 years old . please help me and advice what to do? will he be ok nad can get rid of his headache?? he got hit 2 days before, he is still admitted in a hospital and hope to be relised by next day. thanx
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi... Welcome to healthcaremagic forum...
Intracranial bleeding is of different types - concussions, intracerebral bleeds, subdural hematoma, subarachnoid hemorrhage and extradural hematoma. These along with the amount of blood, the pressure effects of this blood on the normal brain decide the outcome of the condition.
Hence without a proper physical examination and review of the scans, it's a hard task to answer your queries.
Yes, most of these condition resolve with time and medical drugs are useful to prevent further bleeding, support life during these stage ( as things can worsen during a week following injury)
Blood can be drained out via burr hole, if entailed.
I expect your headache to come down spontaneously after a few weeks ( as there is spontaneous resorption in case of small bleeds) or following surgical drainage of the blood. In the mean time, pain killers and anti odema drugs (osmotic diuretics) may be used under the guidance of the treating doctor for symptomatic relief from pain.
I wish your nephew good luck and faster recovery
Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor