What is the cause of cough?

Yesterday I was cleaning and inhaled bleach along with toilet bowl cleaner. It didn't bother me at first but after a few minutes I noticed it was bothering me and then I had shortness of breath. Today I have a mucous cough and congestion. Should I be on alert?
Tue, 7 Jul 2015
Pulmonologist 's  Response
thanks for asking your question
I completely understand your question
bleach can be a respiratory irritant and can cause sudden or delayed allergic reactions.
you need to take some antiallergics like fexofenadine once daily and do some steam inhalation thrice a day, and take an antibiotic like cefexime for 7 days after consulting a pulmonologist, so that no secondary infection occurs pulmonologist can request for a chest xray to see any organic lung damage is there
no need of panicking
thanks/ regards
feel free to ask more questions
may god bless you with good health