What is the cause of chest discomfort?

I am 29 and for 2 years now I have been having constant urges to take deep breaths all the time and yawn, to get air in to my lungs. It causes me a lot of discomfort when I cannot fulfill my breath or yawn. I was worried I might have pulmonary embolism.
Wed, 4 Feb 2015
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on HCM.
In my opinion you are having anxiety mostly.
But better to get done
1. Chest x ray
2. PFT (pulmonary function test)
To rule out causes for breathing difficulty.
And possibility of pulmonary embolism is very very rare. But still get done D-Dimer analysis to rule out embolism.
If all the above mentioned investigations are normal then no need to worry much for any major pulmonary problem.
You are mostly having anxiety and related symptoms.
So avoid stress and tension. Be relax and calm.
Consult psychiatrist and get done counselling sessions. Try to identify stressor in your life and start working on its solution.
Don't worry, you will be alright.