Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What is the cause of chest and back pain after a heavy meal ?

I m 18, and a few days ago, I ate a lot more than usually in one day, maybe I didn t digest properly. Since then, I ve been having stomach pain (like the middle region of my torso ) and in my chest and back. It still hasn t subsided, and I ll go see the doctor if it doesn t by tomorrow, but does this sound like acid reflux? What can I do to help it?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
What about your bowel movement ? Is it regular?
Drink plenty of water, avoid all spicy food. Eat fruits and drink milk if possible.
If the pain is not relieved after having good bowel movement, then it is necessary that you should consult a doctor. If necessary the doctor will advise you to get an ultrasound scan done along with other investigations.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Fri, 12 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor