Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What is the cause of bulge with fluid and pain between shoulder blades post a fall ?

I passed out and fell head first into a wall, I have had x rays, ct scan , an they show no damage to my back , However I have upper back pain and I have a bulge that has fluid in it just above my shoulder blades. It s real tender to the touch and when I move a certain way I have a sharp pain to that same area. My doctor doesn t seem to be too concerned about it but it worries me. This happened 6 days ago and I am better but the fluid and pain between shoulder blades has not eased up any
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
hi, welcome to Health Care magic Forum,
It could be some fluid collection following trauma but with so much pain, it needs to be evaluated for some pus accumulation. Kindly consult an orthopedician and probably the fluid from the site needs to be aspirated and sent for analysis for any further treatment. Get well soon.
Answered: Mon, 16 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor