Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

What is the cause of back pain with burning micturation in one with a history of kidney infections ?

ok my back has been hurting for 3 days now and it burns when i urinate i am 21 im 5 5 and im prone to kidney infetions i have been in and out of the hospital since i was 13 with kidney infections and kidney stones
Asked On : Sun, 5 Feb 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear jesseray,

you symptoms suggest a possibility of a unirary tract infection.It is possible that you can have a stone but not necessarily. You have not specified whether you are a male or female. as there are precautions that you can take to prevent UTI from happening repeatedly. Are you a diabetic? After getting you present condition investigated with urine examination and an ultrasound abdomen and treated you should discuss with your doctor possible medication and measures to prevent these infection from recurring again. I wish you all the best.
warm regards
Answered: Fri, 13 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. Rajiv goel's  Response
You are obviously having infection with ? stone again. You need to get investigated with ultrasound and urine examination. You also need to start yourself on antibiotics after seeing urologist. Till you see urologist I will suggest you to drink plenty of lemon water and if possible cranberry juice.
Answered: Mon, 6 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ashwini Kolur's  Response
I will try my best to answer your query.
Burning micturation and back pain may be due to UTI or due to stones in urinary tract. urethral stone can cause burning micturation. cause should be found and treated.
For UTI antibiotics should be taken and if stone is detected it should be removed.
Before taking antibiotic urine routine and culture should be done.
I advice you to see physician.

Hope my answer will be helpful for you.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 5 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor