Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

What is the cause for white bump in my eye ? How can It be treated ?

I had a white bump on my eye it was there for 3 years and didn t hurt so I didn t care. But then my vision got a bit funny and my eye shape looked different to the other one in a photo. I didn t do anything before cause I didn t know what to do. I found a dermatologist who used a laser machine and got rid of it in 15minutes. He doesn t speak English and I don t speak Korean which is where I am. So I want to know cause it s so close to the eye. Did I do permanent damage by leaving it for so long? What is the after care I should give it? It looks all flat now but there is still a white spot where it was.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi you haven't mentioned what was the white bump! Was it a skin tag/ chalazion.......

Anyway,any eye lid swelling will cause mechanical ptosis(drooping of the lid) which you would have seen as difference in the shape of your eye.

since the swelling (if of significant size)was there for the past 3 yrs it could have caused constant pressure over the cornea and hence some refractive error and the hazy vision.

If it was a Chalazion which was removed,then don't worry it will not recur if you keep your lids clean without any blepharitis. White spot must be post laser remnant.

After care what you need is an ophthalmologist consultation
1. To correct your refractive error if any.
2. To rule out blepharitis and to know the precautionary measures to avoid any future swelling.
3. To get examined for the presence of any ptosis of eye lid.

Hope this helps you. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 26 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor