What is the cause for small black spots in the lower legs?

Hello Doctor,
I want to know the cause of black small scattered like numerous spots in the lower legs .
these pigmentations are without any itching and any sorts of skin allergy problem but simply go on increasing from 7-8 months and started about 2 yrs. in the legs of 50yrs . lady pls. tell the reason.
Mon, 26 May 2014

The reddish brown spots on legs may be Schamberg disease. It is also called progressive pigmented purpuric dermatosis. It is a form of vascultis. In your case it is capillaritis. There is leaking of blood from cspillaries in surrounding tissues of dermis. Initially it is reddish gradually color is changed to brown black..remain for long time. The color is due to pigment called hemosiderin developed from hemoglobin. It is a benign condition. It is usually occur in long time standing people. Take vitamin C and K for long time. Apply thrombophob oint. On the spots. Gradually the disease may be cured. I hope you got my answer.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD