What is the cause for facial hair growth?

hi, i m 32 years old with pcod. i m obese and have body and facial hair growth.I m taking homeopathy treatment for last one year and i see that there is discharge for 20 days no bleeding.i got 2 periods though in a year after starting homeopathy.i m also getting laser treatment done for my facial hair growth which is showing 5% effect.since i m 32 i decided we also go for iui or ivf for baby.i m currently on weight loss diet and glycomet alongwith excercise.but the red discharge which started around 15 days back is still continuing.so the doctor asked me to take duphaston to stop and get my actual period.now, will taking this tablet effect hair growth like will it increase the hair growth.i m scared of only this part of it.its been a nightmare and only now i m a little better. so plz advise
Thu, 27 Jun 2019

The presence of facial hair is most likely due to hormonal changes associated with PCOD rather than anything else. Duphaston does not change the hormone level adversely at least in regard to facial hair growth.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ashok Kumar, Psychiatrist