What is the cause for bilateral mammary fibroadenosis?

i am 28 years old not married yet i have a pain in my left breast for the first time in my life and when make ultrasonography it shows very dense mammary parenchyma and no alteration in size or skin thickness and the conclusion is bilateral mammary fibroadenosis ???? what is this case ? and how to treat it ?
Tue, 22 Dec 2020

It is a benign condition of the breast the exact cause of which is unknown. However it could be due to hormonal imbalance (increased estrogen which stimulates growth of the mammary glands). You should have a regular breast examinations or imaging tests to make sure the fibroadenomas are not growing. A breast biopsy may be needed to know if a tumor is a fibroadenoma or some other problem. Surgical treatment may be required if the fibroadenomas are large or get bigger and cause pain.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali, General & Family Physician