Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is the cause and treatment for sensitive, swollen bump between the fingers of the upper palm ?

I have a swollen bump between my ring and middle finger on the upper palm of my right hand . I have had this bump for years and always thought I had injured the tendon . It hurt pretty bad at first but for the past 12 to 15 years I barely noticed it. Until about 3 weeks ago. It has gotten a little larger and very sensitive. After looking on the net my sysmptoms seem consistent with a neuroma , but the lump is just under the skin and above the palm facia. any ideas? If it is neuroma, what are the treatment options?
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  179 Awaiting Answer
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello blueheater206,
bump last 12-15 years , painful last 3 weeks advice tablet diclofen 100 mg twice for 5 days after meals, tablet chymoral forte twice for 5 day before meal, you did not tell wheather fever associated or not if fever then tablet moxikind 625 twice for 5 days after meals, if not relived then advice XRAY AP & lateral of hand focusing on bump, MRI tell exact nature, Investigation- HB,TLC,DLC,ESR,Urine routine & micrscopy, excision under local by orthopedic or general surgeon ,excised sample send for histopahology, neuroma usually occur in feet , hope you will enjoy positive health, thank you.
Answered: Thu, 19 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor