What is the cause and treatment for blocked nose?

My nose is blocked. This started when this dentist broke my upper jaw bone and created a direct connection with my sinuses that later got infected. Despite various treatments which included a surgical operation to clean up the area it has not fully healed I now have a blocked nose which most times has a funny bad smell. I saw an ENT recently and he recommended another operation which I am quite nervous about. Thanks
Mon, 2 Dec 2019

It's chronic sinusitis. You can follow certain prophylaxis measures like exposure to dust, cold and good oral hygiene can help you prevent the relapse or you can go according to your ENT surgeon.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. S.T. Balamurali, General & Family Physician