Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What is the cause and remedy for swollen and sore perineum with burning urination post sex ?

my boyfriend and i have been having sex for about a week, for the past 3 days my perineum has been swollen and sore...ive looked and there are no sores, feels like a burn , like it did after i had my kids, it burns when i urinate, even moving in certain ways- ive never came positive for herpes , or any stds, and this has happened before its just been a long time. what could this be? what should i do
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  1536
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2016
Welcome to HCM.
As you have burning sensation in urine,you may be suffering from UTI (Urinary Tract Infection),which is common following sexual intercourse in female.
Also you have negative result for herpes and STDs. So don't be much worried.
You follow these steps:
1) Clean your perineum area very well with maintain proper hygiene.
2) Drink plenty of water or other fluid.
3) May take urine alkaliser like Syp URILISER 1 tsf mixed with water thrice daily.
4) May take tab Norflox 400 or Ofloxacin or other higher antibiotics twice daily for 7 days.
5) Practice safe sex in future.

For more information,mail
Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. (Prof). Ram's  Response
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor