Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

What is the cause and remedy for round patch on the scalp ?

I am suffering from hair fall and dandruff for 6years. I used many cosmetics and medicines. But I just got only temporary results. Then I visit a famous Doctor. He prescribed me Minoxidil Topical Solution 5%(Mx-5), Arcolane lotion(ketoconazole 2%), Koreglo Forte tab. I used it for 4 months. Then I suddenly recognized a round patch which I think is Allopesia in the back side of my head. I Now I really don t know what to do. Now at first I want to test my scalp. Please suggest me what to do.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

Well the round patch can be a type of alopecia.
You should meet a dermatologist and he / she will analize it with her of a hair scope and suggest the required treatment.

Take Care
Answered: Sat, 7 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi...dear nipabrp..,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
Now U are suffering from...ALOPECIA AREATA..,
common in Hair fall individuals
so many factors .....involved...,
For treatment is...
Here steriods are used once in 15 days..,
for 3 injections...(intradermally...Triamcinolone)..,
will give 100% result...
General treatment U have continue by advise Ur doctor..,
Answered: Fri, 6 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor