Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

What is the cause and remedy for burning sensation while coughing in one with IUD ?

I have a paragard IUD , I m on month 4 now of having it. The cramps are not as bad as they once were (I couldn t breath through the cramps for about 15 sec before) but now it feels like it s burning when I cough. I know that is usually a bad sign. Should I go to the doctor or is it normal?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Paraguard is a IUD (copper T) and is used as a non hormonal contraception.
It can cause few side effects like Anemia,Backache,Bleeding between periods,severe cramps,inflammation of the vagina,pain during sex,severe menstrual pain and heavy bleeding,vaginal discharge.
Since you have burning when cough you should get examined to rule out any infectionor inflammation of vagina or cervix.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 23 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor