Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What is the cause and cure of gripey pain in stomach ?

Hello I have a gripey pain in my lower stomach right in the centre as low as poss before you reach the pelvic bone . Not sure if it s gynae or bowel related sort of feels like a mixture of the two. For the last couple of weeks me, my parnter and I have had mild runny tummys. The kind that dont really feel that bad and you just get on with things. I now have less of a runny tummy but this gripey feeling is different. When i go to the loo as a result of the feeling the pain gives me I dont have diahorrea but I do go. I also have been feeling hot and sweaty. I am never ill and this pain/symptoms are a new sensation for me so wanted to ask about possible causes and relief of symptoms please? thanks
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  3597
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response
hello chrissie.fitzerald,
gripy pain in stomach-may be due to acid peptic disease,associated with amoebic colitis ( in this case pt. have motion soft,oily but not diahorrea) goes upto pelvis, advice- avoid- hurry,burry,curry,spicey,oily food ,alcohol,smoking, tea, coffee,- drink cold water & cold milk, tablet- pentaprazole 40 mg for 21 days on empty stomach once daily, tablet-tinidazole 500mg twice after meals for 5 days, tablet-drotavine twice daily after meal for 5 days, even pelvic disease tinidazole is use ful, you did not mention your age, hot &sweaty- may be due to spasm or in menopause( age after 45years), if associated with burning sensation in urine then may be due to urinary calculus, hope my advice is useful to you, thank you.
Answered: Tue, 24 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
runny tummys for couple of weeks may be due to some G I infection .
you may take a course of combination drugs like ofloxacin and ornidazole two times daily for 5 days .
for griping pain anti spasmodic like decolic tab will be helpful .
It will be better to get a consultation with gynecologist if you are having associated menstrual problems .
hope you be all right soon
Answered: Tue, 24 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor