Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

What is the best way to lower your pulse rate ?

My pulse is at 110 at rest. I am not overweight, 6 1 at 187 at 41 yrs old . I have no pain. Heart disease runs in my family. Just very concerned. FYI: I was sexual active today with no problems. Also, I m not breathing heavy either.
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Cut out nicotine and caffeine (both can increase heart rate). Increase your exercise tolerance and drink plenty of fluids (are you dehydrated). Your Body Mass Index is about 25 which puts you in the 70% for your age. If you can lower your wt to 170 lbs then your body mass index would be less than 50% for your age and your risk of a heart attack would decrease. Furthermore- you may just want to relax since stress will increase your heart rate (especially if you stress over how fast your heart is beating). Finally since the averate heart rate for your age is about 80-90, you may want to see a Dr. to get an EKG and make sure you don't have an arrythmia. Good luck
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor