• question-icon

What is the best way to keep teeth clean and white?

My husband has a bad habit of picking his teeth with a tooth pick after every meal. He says it is good because if food is lodged between his teeth and can be removed. Is it good? What is the best way to keep teeth clean and white, Which toothpaste and brush? any advice?
Fri, 26 Aug 2011
Dentist 's  Response
Scaling of teeth should be done atleast once in 6 months.
Flossing of teeth should be done to remove plaque in the interdental areas and tongue cleaning using tongue scraper should be done daily.Tooth pricks can result in injury of the gums and result in bleeding of the gums which should be discouraged. change your tooth brush once in 3 months.
Dentist, Implantology Dr. Amit Berani's  Response
GENERALLY SPEAKING TOOTH PICK IS FINE TO USE PROVIDED ITS USED GENTLY. YOU CAN ALSO USE DENTAL FLOSS INSTEAD. NOW A DAYS I RECOMMEND INTERDENTAL CLEANSING AIDS WHICH ARE MINIATURE TOOTH BRUSHES TO BE USED B/W THE TWO TEETH.

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
Generally speaking you can hurt your gums when you use a tooth pick if you poke too hard. For daily cleaning of your it is better to use dental floss that are more effective in cleaning your teeth and help to keep your teeth clean and healthy. visit ur dentist and get urself examined for some caries....
take care...
maria's  Response
Generally speaking you can hurt your gums when you use a tooth pick if you poke too hard. For daily cleaning of your it is better to use dental floss that are more effective in cleaning your teeth and help to keep your teeth clean and healthy. Brushing twice a day and flossing once a day is advised to keep your teeth clean and healthy. It is also a good idea to see your dentist once on six months for a regular general teeth check up. Remember that it is the point the way you brush rather than the tooth paste or brush you use. There is a specific way of brushing teeth. Please ask your dentist during your visit. Generally speaking you can hurt your gums when you use a tooth pick if you poke too hard. For daily cleaning of your it is better to use dental floss that are more effective in cleaning your teeth and help to keep your teeth clean and healthy. Brushing twice a day and flossing once a day is advised to keep your teeth clean and healthy. It is also a good idea to see your dentist once on six months for a regular general teeth check up. If any further query, you can have a Live Chat with one of our doctors online between 9am-9pm IST (GMT+5:30) on all 7 days a week at www.healthcaremagic.com. Alternatively, you can speak with them over phone at +91-80-41743045 between 12noon-6pm IST from Monday to Friday.