Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What is the best way to get rid of vocal nodules, speech therapy or surgery ?

Hi, I ve been having vocal cord nodules/polyps for 5 years now. I just recently was able to get a job but its part time and they don t have insurance for part time employees. Im a female and im 27 years old and I would like to know since its been 5 years with this would I need to have the surgery to remove the nodules/polyps or should I just wait and do the speech therapy . Also, If I do the surgery how much does it cost without insurance and is there a payment plan?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  424
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
As you have got nodule/polyp on vocal cord,you have to go for surgery,there is no other option in front of you.
You can take treatment at govt. hospital.I think this hospital might give some concession.
ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 3 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor