Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

What is the best way to get rid of eating pan paraag ?

Hi I need to quit eating Pan paraag.. my age is 38 and I have been into this habit for almost 13 years.. Please let me know what would be the best way to get rid of this habit without any hospitalization
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  597
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
Paan parag is harmful to oral health. It can cause oral cancer. Consult your physician about your physical fitness and get pharmacological therapy for quitting tobacco.
Answered: Mon, 4 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

Instead of pan paraag , you can use chocolates or chewing gum.... which has no ill effect on the body, even these things you must taper and stop it... the main thing to avoid chewing pan or smoking is you must divert your concentration towards other works like reading books, watching tv, etc....
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Keerthish Shetty's  Response
There are many ways to quit tobacco use and hospitalization is not necessary. However, you should consult a deaddiction specialist/psychiatrist who will guide you regarding the management as it can be tricky at times. Out of the many available options, the doctor may select a combination (example:pharmacological and behaviour therapy) which suits you best.

There are medication which will decrease the withdrawal symptoms as well as the urge to chew tobacco. A detailed consultation with a psychiatrist will give you a good idea. Remember that quitting tobacco is easy, but it is difficult to prevent relapse.
Answered: Sun, 26 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor