What is the best way to control high BP ?

what is the best way to control high blood pressure in the age of 29.? my height is 6.2 inches weight is 90 kg
Sun, 18 Jul 2010
's  Response
Hi High blood pressure can be primary which is 85-95% of cases which means there is no particular cause behind it or the cause is unknown or it can be secondary which means there are other factors causing it and the best way to deal with it is to know which one it is and only your doctor can determine that and treat you accordingly. But there are other non medicinal ways you can fllow that may help but they will never substitute medication if needed. Those things you need to follow are: 1. Light daily excercises at least 30 minutes a day. 2. Avoid salt in your food and drinks and those drinks that contain salt are all kind of soft drinks like Coke or Pepsi. 3. Avoid stressful conditions as much as you can 4. Take green tea as it has some diuretic effect whcih can help in reducing blood pressure to some extent. 5. Eat healthy as much as you can that rich in fruits and vegetables and low fat and avoid all junk food. Again you have to check with your doctor to know how high it is and what kind of blood pressure and if you need medication or not. Best of luck