Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

What is the best treatment to cure panic attacks and anxiety ?

hi ....i m 29 yrs old unmarried female suffering from anxiety n i get panic attacks the age of 16 , i took some height gaining medicines a consequence of which i started getting severe panic attacks ..i took anti -depressants for years together but the moment i stopped taking those medicines , there was a relapse ...although now i m off medicines for almost a year now , i get those attacks at times i dont want to take anti-depressants again ...i have hypothyroid which is under control ...i take 12.5mcg thyronorm ...i want to know if there has been an imbalance in my hormones , which of my hormones have been effected due to which i get these attacks ...? which hormone specialsit shd i consult ? what is the best possible treatment that i can get ? waiting 4 a reply ...thanx
Asked On : Thu, 9 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist, Child 's  Response
Better you once again cheked for thyroid status..
Usually, anxiety and panic are best treated with combination of medicines, relaxation and couseliing..
There may not be special hormon deficite or problem which lead to your symptoms.
Best is consult a good psychiatrist for above mentioned combination therapy.
Answered: Fri, 10 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jayasukrutamma D N's  Response
Hi Mam,

Welcome to
Thanks for your query.

You can visit an endocrinologist to know about your thyroid hormonal status. Hyperthyroid state may give rise to anxiety. But I see that you are hypothyroid. Once your hormonal checks are done, you might also have to visit a psychiatrist to treat your anxiety and panic attacks. Best possible treatment would be medications and psychotherapy.

Hope this helps you.
Answered: Thu, 9 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor