Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What is the best treatment of ADHD ?

Hi, Is there any treatment available for ADHD? My 6.5 year old child (male) is suffeing from ADHD. He is having some behaviroual issues and he can not focus on a task for more then 2-3 minutes. Most of the time he seeks for our attention, and try to distract ourselves if we don t listen him. We are really helpless as this is affecting our normal life. We are very worried about his own future too. Right now he is taking a couple of OT therepy sessions, and also taking help from special educators for his education needs. Any help ? Thanks Vipin
Wed, 11 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist, Child 's  Response
Is he having really ADHD?
Check with El-camino ADHD scale, availabel on net. score it first before finalizing the diagnosis of ADHD.
Is is stuborn? Which type of your family is?
Major behavioral problems are in which situations?, Complaint from school?
These are the questions need to be answered before coming to conclusion.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor