Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What is the best treatment for uterine body fibroid ?

Hi I am a 45 year old women who was just diagnosed with a left sided uterine body fibroid, which is partly intramural, but partly exophytic, and which is hypoechoic and solid, measuring 73mm. There is mild vascularity seen within. The endometrium is 7.3mm. What are the best treatments for this condition?
Wed, 4 Apr 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
fibroids with no symptoms may be left behind .
if associated with symptoms ,the fibroid is treated most commonly by hysterectomy
treating doctor decides about type of operation and preserving the ovaries or not after evaluating you by clinical examinations and tests.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome toH.C.M.F. As the size is large, intramural and age above 45 hysterectomy sparing ovaries is the recomended treatment. thank you.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor