What is the best treatment for osteoarthritis of the knees?

I have osteoarthritis of the knee medium and 25 years ago had two operations for a smashed patella. Surgeon says I do not need a knee replacement but for 8 months have had pain in my thigh and leg and sometimes limp and in pain walking. Do exercises and have taken anti-inflammatory meds and Panadeine osteo, turmeric, glucosamine, homeopathics but nothing works?
Wed, 6 Mar 2019

I understand your concern. Osteoarthritis of the knee is a chronic condition. Every joint of our body have cartilage for them to function. In your condition, they are reduced in your knees. The things you can do is, quadriceps tendon strengthening exercises and nutritional supplement to reduce the symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Tanmoy Roy, General & Family Physician