What is the best treatment for bloody diarrhea?

Hi there, I was wondering if you can help. I think I got sun stroke while away on holiday in Malta. I returned home a just week ago and I still have chronic diarrhoea which has now been going on for 8 days. I have been eating dry toast and drinking lots of water but it has now turned to blood/bloody water with a mucusy like lumps( and a really bad smell). I went to the local a&e yesterday where the took my blood pressure which was 108/58 (which I think is low) and they told me to give a sample and take Imodium's and sent me away.We have a bank holiday tomorrow and no where is open so I won’t be able to get my results until Thursday. Is there anything you think it could possibly be or anything that can help?Thank you
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You may be suffering from amoebic dysentery or bacillus dysentery possibly. Imodium won't help in these cases.Just wait for the results for specific treatment. Have copious amount of liquids to stay hydrated along with oral rehydrating solution. Stick to soft bland diet to avoid further irritation to your gut. In the meanwhile take Oflaxacin and Ornidazole combination twice daily for five days.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu 's  Response

May be suffering from bacillus dysentery or amoebic dysentery possibly. Wait for your results to come to know specific treatment. In the meanwhile stay hydrated with copious amount of liquids to stay hydrated along with oral rehydrating solution. Have soft bland diet to avoid further irritation to the gut. Take a simple antibiotic Ornidazole and Ofloxacin combination twice daily for 5 days.

Hope I have answered your query.