What is the best treatment for a gum infection?

I have a sever gum disease they call it Calulitis, I took 300mg, 4 four times a day for a week. Than when the swelling went down 3 per day. There is a new gum inflammation is showing on the other side of the mouth. I feel that antibiotic is not helping and it seems to affect my heart and cause bad constipation. I am also taking mild probiotic and some vitamins and herbs for my heart condition. What is your advice for infected gums?Thank you,Ida
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Some suggestion of treatment may include:
-Prescribed antibiotic therapy
-Chlorhexidine (Peridex) is a prescribed antibiotic mouthwash
-Rinse with warm salt water to alleviate symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.