Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What is the best thing to do for thickened endometrium ?

hello,I am 45 and just had my transvaginal ultrasound today and the result showed i have an intramural myoma with probable submucus component and endometrial stripe is heterogenous with a full thickness of 25mm. I ve been bleeding for almost 2 months now and was advised by my ob gyne to take contraceptive pills . please tell me what is the best thing i should do. thank you very much
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  382
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Your endometrium is highly thickened. It would be wise to have been advised a D&C instead of just pills. The contraceptive pills will regularise your hormones and you will experience heavy bleeding after stopping the pills. The myoma will need specific hormonal treatment or surgical removal depending on your symptoms and size of the fibroid. If you have completed your family it would be best to do a hysterectomy which will prevent any more myomas, bleeding and also possibility of endometrial cancer which is seen in women with fibroid due to high Oestrogen.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Thank you very much for your reply dr. Raghu. I went to my ob gyne again this afternoon and still was advised to continue taking contraceptive pills until i consumed the 3 cycle pills and when my period starts again after i finished the pills she advised me to have the transvaginal ultrasound done again and if the endometrium is still thickened she then will perform D&C. should i follow her advise or seek for another doctor's advise, at the moment i don't have heavy bleeding anymore but only spotting.
Answered: Fri, 22 Jul 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor