What is the best therapy for pain in swollen feet and ankles?

I am having a first time symptom of swollen feet and ankles,they are also painful. I have rrms--- and have had pain and stiffness in my leg muscles pretty consistently for years, but the past few days have been first time so swollen. Elevating my feet above my hips reduces it by about half, but today is the 3rd day and my shoes don t fit.. is there something else I can do to relieve this?
Mon, 27 Aug 2018

How old are you? Since when you're suffering from this problem?

Causes of pedal edema is cardiac failure or renal failure or anemia or liver cell failure or cellulitis or deep vein thrombosis etc.

Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Elevate the limbs while sleeping.

Avoid painkiller medication, if symptoms not improved please consult your physician he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.