What is the best medicine for urinary tract infection?

I started my period and them began to have a feeling of a uti coming. I started drinking allot of cranberry juice. I have meds like metronizadole.and clot rimazole. I have an urgency to urinate but lil comes out. I have a long shift to work tomorrow and don t know what to do. I m so miserable. I m taking azos for relief but it seems not to be strong enough. help
Mon, 21 Mar 2016
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I understand your concern.
Symptoms you have mentioned seems to be related to urinary tract infection. Kindly do not start antibiotics until you get the following tests done to confirm the diagnosis and know nature of organism as well as which drug the organism is sensitive to.
1. Urine routine examination.
2. Urine culture and sensitivity test.
Accordingly, you can consult Physician/Urologist to take a proper course of appropriate antibiotics.
Until then, you can continue to consume good quantities of water/fluids and citrus fruit juices to keep your alkaline more alkaline.
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
All the best.