• question-icon

What is the best medicine for throat inflammation?

My 19 year old son was given a prescription for prednisone 20 mg his first time going to start in a.m. For infomation in throat due to a foreign object that scratched his throat from a beverage he drank...I am concerned that the disage is too high and I would like to start him on a lower regiment question how would I cut in half 20 mg take 3 tabs by mouth for 3 days 2 tab daily for 3 days 1 tablet for 1 day1/2 tab for 2 days?
Mon, 4 May 2015
HI
Well come to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, if the inflammation of throat is due to some injury then steroid has got no role here, but condition can be treated with just anti-inflammatory drugs and local throat gargle, no need for steroid, if the condition got some infection then this could be worse due to steroid, hope this information helps, take care.