What is the best medicine for palmar hyperhidrosis?

I have palmer hyperhidrosis and take Robinul and wondering if there is anything else more effective as it does not seem to work when I am anxious. My hands seems to swell when I am anxious and they continue to sweat. they don t sweat most other times.
Fri, 18 Sep 2015

Welcome to HCM...

As you said you suffer from hyperhidrosis. It may be due to anxiety. You consult dermatologist for firm diagnosis. Investigations may be done to rule out internal and hormonal diseases. Oxybutin 2.5 mg may be taken for long time. Anxiolytic like fluoxetin 10 mg may be taken to relieve anxiety. Local application of aluminium chloride solution may be tried.I hope you got my answer.

Thanks..

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Hi, Welcome to HCM... As you said you suffer from hyperhidrosis. It may be due to anxiety. You consult dermatologist for firm diagnosis. Investigations may be done to rule out internal and hormonal diseases. Oxybutin 2.5 mg may be taken for long time. Anxiolytic like fluoxetin 10 mg may be taken to relieve anxiety. Local application of aluminium chloride solution may be tried.I hope you got my answer. Thanks.. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD