Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

What is the best diet for PCOD patient ?

hi Doctor , iam 30 years old. im suffering from PCOD. what is the best diet food i have eat, iam 50 kg now there will be any problem for conceiving then what is best excerise and how to reduce weigth.
Asked On : Thu, 12 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  318
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Being a PCOD patient you need to reduce your weight with the help of diet control and exercise.Reduced weight will help you in ovulation and then only you can conceive.Diet foods will not help you much as there is a tendency to gain back the weight once you stop taking these diets.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Hashim A Ali's  Response
PCOS is a very common cause for infertility. Obesity is a major couse for causing it because by intrefering with insulin utilization by the body increases production of male hormones by the ovaries and so prevent ovulation.
You need to reduse your weight, if you are obese (you did'nt mention your height).
Generaly, PCOS is treated by 1. reducing weight 2. Drugs: clomiphene citrate and metformin.
You need to repeat your question mentioning your height, how your condition was diagnosed and whether you received any treatment,in the past,or not.
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor