Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What is the best cure for sciatica ?

female 32 years old complain from sciatica about 2 years so my doctor tell he have to do surgery ( discectomy )but now after one year from operation i still have sciatica i feel that i will have these pain for if there is any treatment to stop these pain permanently and better without to practice my daily living i have to take plz help
Asked On : Thu, 28 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  343
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
welcum to healthcaremagic
sciatica is totally curable problem , u just go n meet a physio ,
in physiotherapy there are lot of electrotherapeutic modalities that can be reduce ur pain.
hamstring streth along with piriformis strethch give u gud results to reduce ur pain . for compression sum back exercises are thr that wil increase ur flexibility n reduce ur pain.
u follow this
definitely ur pain will cum down
tk cr
Answered: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Sciatica can be treated with surgery in some people.Pain even after surgery should be handled by alternate methods.I advise you to opt for chronic analgesics , along with yoga.Yoga and physiotherapy has shown good results in many people.I suggest you to visit a Professional Yoga Personnel near your area and learn the specific aasana for your case.Try reducing weight so that you will have some relief from symptoms.

Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 28 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor