Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is the best course of treatment for adenoids ?

Hi doc good evening. This is Siva Ranjani, my daughter aged 20 months has probably swollen adenoids, as she breaths through mouth and blocked nose, ear infection and discharge from right ear. Cann't eat well because breathing through mouth. She has repeated ear infection, fever and soar thoat. Repeatedly antiboitics (amoxicillin) given are not helping. What is the best course of treatment for my daughter ?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jun 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  419
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
if the adenoids are causing obstructive features ,operative treatment is to be adoped
consult e n t surgeon and take proper treatment
Answered: Tue, 8 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Please get an X-ray Skull lateral view for Adenoids done first. You may also need to get her ears checked later.
Answered: Wed, 2 Jun 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor