Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

What is the average pulse rate for an adult?

How to improve stifness in penis? Am not sure what exactly is the problem here, but am terribly worried. Iam a 25 year old SW engg. I have a girlfriend and when we indulged in sex, my erection was not STIFF enough for intercourse.I have never had any relationship or have never indulged in sex before. But with my GF i have tried to a few times and ALL the time my erection was not STIFF enough for penetration. Even when i masturbate, i can make out that my penis is not hard enough.(am able to masturbate though) . However am sexually very active and get turned on quickly and stuff. but the only issue is with my hardness. Please suggest a remedy,through tablets coz am a little skeptical to visit any doctors as of now. Note:- I am not that built or athletic types, but am 6 foot weight around 80kg and i do smoke & drink. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  363
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
That was a sarcastic answer and then i ran across this... lol looks like i was on to something...

, you are having erectile dysfunction (ED). Why? There are several possibilities. Since you put 37 behind your name, does that mean you are 37 years old? Do you smoke? If so, that could be reducing your circulation enough to cause ED. Do you drink alcohol every day more than one? If so, that could cause ED. Do you have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol? All of these cause ED. I suggest that you go in and get a good check-up.

smoking and drinking kill your lungs and now your penis. is that a good enough reason to shape up Mr. Limp Dick?
Answered: Thu, 3 Mar 2011
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Jasvinder Singh's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. An erection problem is the inability to get or maintain an erection that is firm enough for a man to have intercourse. If the condition persists, the medical term is erectile dysfunction. Causes may be psychological, smoking, alcohol, illicit drugs and medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid conditions, poor circulation, low testosterone, depression, spinal cord and neurological causes. In your case it looks more psychological. Sildenafil is the drug of choice for erectile dysfunction. However it is available only on a doctor's prescription who will also assess the type and cause of erectile dysfunction before prescribing any drug

To exactly pinpoint a diagnosis you need to get a complete examination done from a urologist. Hope it helps you. Regards.

Answered: Fri, 4 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor