Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

What is the approximate cost and period of hospitalization for transfusion in a person diagnosed with low Hb ?

My wife aged 44 ,with regular periods but with heavy flow for 7-10 days duration for last 3 years feeling weak/dizzy,undergone general medical check-up no fibroids ,but Hb is 5.83 only suggested for improving Hb by transfusion if needed in consultation with Dr(O&G) your suggestions if transfusion, hospitals doing it,IN CHENNAI, approx period of hospitalisation approx cost THANKING YOU,
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Any good hospital in chennai with a blood bank can do the blood transfusion. It depends on the blood bank and the hospital. It can vary between Rs.2,000 to Rs.5,000. Apollo, A.J Health Care, Bharathirajaa Speciality Hospital & Research Centre, Hande Hospital, etc.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Wed, 9 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor